EXPLORE NYC with one of our SELF-GUIDED TOUR ITINERARIES – FEATURED ON CNN TRAVEL!
For $14.95 we will E-MAIL you an itinerary of your choice complete with detailed directions (via subway or cab – YOU CHOOSE), neighborhood maps, and insider’s tips including what to wear, what to expect, and how much $$$ to bring.
CHOOSE from the FOLLOWING OPTIONS or REQUEST A CUSTOMIZED TOUR ITINERARY:
- FASHIONISTA FAVES: If you’re a trendsetter with a passion for fashion, this is the itinerary for you! Visit some of the hippest neighborhoods including Greenwich Village, Soho and the Meatpacking District. Boutique discounts are included along with some suggestions for a cocktail along the way!
- VINTAGE CHIC: If you’re a vintage and consignment lover, this is the itinerary for you! Visit some of the hippest neighborhoods in NYC including the East Village and West Soho. Boutique discounts are included along with some suggestions for the city’s best latte and sweet treats along the way!
- HOME DECOR: If you have a love for decorating your home, this is the itinerary for you! Visit some quaint, unique boutiques along with some home decor mega-stores! Enjoy some amazing bakeries and cafes along the way!
- UNIQUE GIFTS: If you enjoy unique boutiques where you can find original artistry including hand-made jewelry, glassware, games, candles and other trinkets, this is the itinerary for you! Visit some quaint gift shops only found in NYC and enjoy some lovely cafes along the way!
- RECESSION SPECIALS: If you’re a Recessionista (you love the latest fashion but with a bargain price tag), this is the itinerary for you! Visit some fabulous bargain boutiques you can’t find anywhere but NYC along with some discount mega-stores (a la DSW!) Enjoy some cheap New York eats along the way!
ADD SAMPLE SALE SECRETS TO ANY OF THE ABOVE FOR $14.95*: If you want to find New York City’s hottest and latest sample sales, add this option to ANY itinerary above for just $14.95 and you’ll get THE complete list of UP-TO-DATE SAMPLE SALES along with their secret addresses. Note that Sample Sales open and close regularly so we will need to know the EXACT dates you plan on taking the itinerary! (Also, don’t confuse this with Recession Specials as some designer sample sales are still a little pricey….) *If you’d like a Sample Sale Self-Guided Tour Itinerary COMPLETE with detailed directions and maps, additional fees apply.
The above tour itineraries will provide you with a 4 to 5 hour long day of shopping. Tour itineraries are available in CAB or SUBWAY version depending on your transportation preference. Don’t see any tour itineraries that interest you above? Request a Customized Tour Itinerary below!
PURCHASE ONE OF OUR SELF-GUIDED TOUR ITINERARIES BELOW!
VIEW AN EXAMPLE OF A SELF-GUIDED TOUR ITINERARY BELOW!
E-mail Itineraries of above options will be sent within 24 hours.
To request a Tour Guide or Private Transportation with your itinerary, call (800) 619-2795!
REQUEST FOR SELF-GUIDED TOUR ITINERARY (Please let us know which destinations in NYC you’d like to visit and we’ll create a tour itinerary with detailed directions for you!)
PLEASE NOTE THAT COST AND DELIVERY TIME WILL VARY FOR CUSTOMIZED SELF-GUIDED TOUR ITINERARIES
(This is only an EXAMPLE of a Self-Guided Itinerary – DO NOT FOLLOW THESE DIRECTIONS – They will get you nowhere):
FASHIONISTA FAVES SELF-GUIDED TOUR ITINERARY
What to Wear: Something lightweight, comfortable, and stylish. Flats are recommended over heels since you’ll be doing some walking.
What to Expect: Some trendy, quaint, and hip neighborhoods and boutiques a la Sex and the City. Boutiques with price ranges from $100 to $300 per item with some accessories, make-up and lingerie under $100. Some desperate yet friendly sales people. (Use your cell phone as an excuse to step out of the store if you’re being pressured to buy!)
$$$: Take enough money to cover subway fare at approximately $2 per ride per person (itinerary requires at least 3 rides per person.) If you plan to do some serious shopping, take your credit card. If you plan to window shop, take an extra $20 to buy a snack/coffee and/or cocktail along the way.
DETAILED DIRECTIONS/TOUR ROUTE
Take 1, 2, or 3 train (subway and train refer to the SAME thing) to 50th Street STOP. (Whether you take the UPTOWN or DOWNTOWN train depends on your whereabouts when you begin this tour.)
When you get off the train, use 50st Street and Broadway NW Corner EXIT.
Walk WEST on 50st Street (in the OPPOSITE direction of traffic) 1 block until you arrive at Eighth Avenue.
TURN RIGHT on Eighth Avenue.
REFER TO MAP #1 – GREENWICH VILLAGE (La Reuge will be on your right.)
MAP #1 – GREENWICH VILLAGE
|Forever Eve’s Ollie’s
8 East 55th 20 East 55th
West 55th Street
West 54th Street
West 53rd Street
West 52nd Street
52 Eighth Avenue
50 Eighth Avenue
1· La Rouge
51 Eighth Avenue
West 51st Street
From last stop on MAP #1 – GREENWICH VILLAGE (Forever Eve’s) walk EAST on 55th Street (in the SAMEdirection of traffic) for 1 block until you get to BROADWAY.
Take a right on BROADWAY and walk (in the SAME direction of traffic) to WEST 50th Street Subway Station.
Take N, R, or W train DOWNTOWN & Brooklyn FOUR STOPS to 23rd Street.
Use 22nd Street and BROADWAY NW Corner EXIT.
Directions, etcetera, etcetera ……
RECOMMEDATIONS FOR COFFEE, LUNCH, COCKTAILS and DINNER
(Included in your Tour Itinerary)
Jack’s Coffee: AMAZING sandwiches and TASTY beverages including specialty coffees, teas and sodas. The locals love it. Address: 5255 West 54th Street between Broadway and Eighth Avenue.
The Lady Luck: Spacious spot with an international vibe. Great for grabbing a quick cocktail. If weather permits, enjoy their outdoor seating option. Address: 6052 Prince Street at the corner of Sixth Avenue.
Stanley’s Bar & Grille: 3-in-1: outdoor beer garden, French bistro (with some diner fare), and fancy dining room. And don’t forget to visit the Panley Park for breathtaking views. Address: 8009 West Side Street between 21st and 22nd Streets.